Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Perfume Collection


When I was still working in the corporate world a couple of years back, I would habitually go on shopping sprees and make impulse purchases of just anything I set my eyes on that I fancied. When I was sad or had a bad day at the office, I'd indulge in retail therapy which gave me instant stress relief. When I shop, all my woes and worries are just no where in my mind. One of the many items that I loved buying was perfume, apart from clothes, shoes and handbags. I adore perfume, I used to put a few bottles at my office, a small bottle in my handbag and I have a closet full of bottles of perfume with brands ranging from Salvatore Ferragamo, Estee Lauder, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel to Calvin Kline. As a PA to a Dato', I had to look presentable and smell good too as I used to deal with many VIPs, Datos' and Tan Sris. Gone are the days now.

Eversince I left the corporate world, my dear collection of perfume remained in my closet, rarely touched. I seldom put on my perfume when I go out with my kids as I don't want them to be in contact with scented chemical. Each time I opened my closet, I will spend a good few seconds staring at my collection of perfume, longing to spray them all over my body. Sometimes, I would put a few dabs on after my bath before going to bed, just to have some self-gratification.

5 comments:

Samm said...

Hi, i've stopped using perfume long ago lohh. Very poisonous stuff. Bad for kids n their respiratory system. And i've tagged u. Feel free to do it :)

My sons - Gordon & Malcolm

jazzmint said...

wahh..that's really alot

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, quite a tough tag, lemme do some homework first on my gals' names, k?

Anonymous said...

Ahh..!! those were the days..!! i too like you .. love my perfumes.. and tried many..! i love estee lauder -beautiful most..! and then Eternity from CK. But these days.. i donch buy as many.. for the same reason as you.. ;)

Cheryl Leong said...

Wah, I found kaki in retail shopping therapy... It really feels super good after buying those stuff *LOL*

Thanks for visiting my blog ;)