Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Alycia Is Learning To Speak Intelligibly



Scenario 1
Yesterday evening as I was combing Alycia's hair after her bath, she said this to me :

Alycia : Mum, today is so precious...... (and gives me a lovely smile)

Me : Why do you say so?

Alycia : Because today is so lovely.

Me : Lovely.... why do you say today is lovely?

Alycia : Because God made today so lovely and it's so windy and din rain.

I had brought the gals to the park yesterday evening as the weather was fine and they had a swell time playing there. So, I guess she's had a very enjoyable and happy time and therefore concluded that the day was so precious and lovely.


Scenario 2
Yesterday morning as I was all wrapped up working on my computer, Alycia asked me to open up her toy school bus which was folded. This was our conversation :

Alycia : Mum, can you please open up my bus for me?

Me : Ok.... give me 1 minute k.

Alycia : No, i want now.

Me : Later k.

She then ran to the kitchen and asked kakak to open up the bus for her . My maid who was outside at the wet kitchen cooking said "later" to her. Alycia then ran back to the hall.

Alycia : Kakak said she's busy.

Me : Uh huh.....

Alycia : (grunting out her frustration) WHY is everyone busy? Kakak said she's busy, you are busy, why is everyone always busy (and almost in tears)?

When she said that, man I tell you I was gob-smacked and guilt stricken. How could I have ignored my poor baby when she's just asking me to get her her toy? I then sprung up from my computer chair and opened up the toy for her. Alycia sure knows how to make me feel damn guilty and bad. My baby is growing up fast.

5 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

she talks and think like a grown-up...maybe because you don't do "baby talks" with her. alycia's a smart lil girl...i love her line "because God made today lovely"

Anonymous said...

Yes, your babe will grow up incredibly fast and before you reealise it, she'll be leaving the 'nest'! By then you'll wish she was still your 'babe' begging for your attention. So, give her the attention you can afford now before she doesn't want yours anymore.

Mamapumpkin said...

Awwwww.........that lil girl deserves some big hugs!!! She looks so much like Daddy.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

her last sentence was so cute, yet touching and make us think hard :D She is SOOOOOO beautiful!!! Big eyes and those CUTE dimples

Anonymous said...

And i always wonder why.. they have to have things done .. NOW..! and can't wait a minute. .hahahhaha!! i'm guilty too. hahaha!