Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Blogger

Blogger has recently added a word verification protection thing to prevent spam as some bloggers had complaint of their blogs being locked out but this word verfication thing is really driving me nuts and I've been wasting so much time meddling with it.

Don't know if other bloggers on Blogger are also facing this problem or just me, the IT retard. You see, it doesn't allow me to save the document without having to publish the post first. So even if my post is not complete, I have to publish it first to get it saved and then only edit the post to continue with composing my post. What irritates me is that the half-written truncated post is still published in my blog (as can be seen from my side, not sure about other readers) and even if i've completed the post later, saved it and click publish, the old truncated post is still seen in my blog and not the new completed post. Aarrgghh..... someone please help me!

Don't ask me to post my complain or query with Blogger Helpdesk coz so far, they have never replied me and they have been sooooo many complaints about the Blogger team.

11 comments:

chanelwong said...

I have problem during when I edit and publish because it will just display not as what I have edited...quite frustrated...hmm...should change to wordpress?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chanel... Word Press doesnt allow PPP. I plan to do PPP later.

cairo's mommy said...

yeah i hate it too! wah so angry just now... was rushing to post my ppp during lunch hopefully can finish b4 1pm cut off time. no thanks to the stoooopid code i missed it le!

erm, migrate to own domain lor... i think jazzmint will do a post on migration tips n how-to soon :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Cairo's mum... do u know how much we hv to pay to get own domain?

Anonymous said...

Domain is just $8 or less for a year. Go buy it. Blogger allow hosting on domain with just one click.

Strange, I just need to fill the word verification once and after that the verification is gone.

You should post your problem to here
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help
The blogger support team never answer, and if they do answer they just use automated message. I know it's free service but it's dissapointing.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Cherry... tks a lot 4 the info.

Sweetpea said...

i don't seem to have a problem so far, thank goodness. blogger now automatically saves your post. is it that there is something to do with your settings?
i did have a few heart stopping moments when my posts when blank, but thanks to the auto-save (or perhaps that's what causing the prob?) they are still there.
i have been considering own domain too, but donno how to go about with it :(

Cherry said...

sweetpea go to www.namecheap.com or other domain company.
Pick your domain name, pay $8. Then view the help file, and you can set up your domain in 48 hours. Any problem just tell me, I did the domain setting a few weeks ago and it worked smoothly.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Tks Cherry 4 the info :)

Blur Mommy said...

I read somewhere that it's 'cos blogger thinks that ur blog is a spam blog thus the word verification. To remove it, u have to ask them to review it & after verification, they will remove the word verification thing. Maybe u can check that out. Good luck!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Blur mummy... if i remove the word verification thing, then if there's really spam, my blog will get blocked. Really susah.