Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 8, 2007

Healthy Snacks

Pine nuts and pumpkin seeds.




Sherilyn counting her pine nuts away as she pops each nut into her mouth.


I always stock up boxes of healthy snacks in my house for the gals to munch on when their little tummies rumble or simply to use as baits to stop a toddler's meltdown.
Alycia and Sherilyn's favourite snacks are seeds and nuts of all kinds, especially pine nuts and pumpkin seeds. Seeds and nuts are the healthiest choice of snacks I can think of coz seeds and nuts are loaded with protein, calcium, fibre and good oils. The gals love peanuts too but I try not to give them too much coz peanuts can be heaty. So if I want to eat peanuts, I only eat when my brats are asleep!

6 comments:

Leena said...

so healthy snacks. you sure know what's the best and healthiest. shern get sick of food so fast. i stock plenty of food, but i must say, some not very healthy.

Anonymous said...

Here in the US, snacking is very popular. I never used to let them snack but apparently it's good for the digestive system.

The girls snack at 11am and 3pm making it five meals a day. They either hv yogurt or fruit, cheese sticks or crackers. Rae loves almonds!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena... I also stock some not very healthy snacks like biscuits and cakes but I limit these stuff.

Jenn...my gals are crazy over cheese sticks, crackers and almonds too. But they tend to get heaty when they eat too much.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

pine nuts are soooo expensive here. i cant have much peanuts though i find them yummy, it causes breakouts. i've oily skin so im prone to zits

that makes me a "bad" momma, i feed my kids burgers from McDonalds, oh but it's not everyday. i usually make them pasta

jazzmint said...

wah where u get the supplies? i usually get sunflower seed

Health Freak Mommy said...

HnCM.... pine nuts are also very costly in M'sia.

Jazzmint... i normally buy the pine seeds from Jaya Jusco or organic shops.