Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 15, 2007

Mac & Cheese

Alycia and Sherilyn love macaroni & cheese to bits. I used to buy the instant ones like San Remo or Kraft's Mac & Cheese but I don't quite like the additives inside. So with a little creativity, I cook my own mac & cheese for them, which is more wholesome, though the cheese that I put in has preservatives, but I've got no choice since most off-the-shelf cheeses have preservative in them.

This is the mac & cheese that I cooked for lunch yesterday with home-made fish paste and chopped french beans cooked in lotus root soup, formula milk powder, some butter and 1 slice of Kraft Light cheese.


And this small bowl is for Sherilyn.



Lotus root soup with peanuts, red bean, red dates and kampung chicken.

12 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hi....thanks for dropping by my blog :D I've visited your blog many times but didn't leave any comments. Like your blog a lot cos you have so many info on taking care of children plus good recipes too :D Yes, my friend is Su May from MGS :D Small world huh? Oh..i forgot, you are also from MGS...actually i hopped over from Jenn's blog :)

cairo's mommy said...

homemade mac n cheese, yummy n healthy :D cairo loves cheese too, maybe i should try your recipe for her :D thanks for sharing

LHS said...

Woo...so yummy! I always like to eat cheese!

Leena said...

yummy mac and cheese. they must be really enjoyin it.. i love lotus root soup too.

Anonymous said...

we love good soups too!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey...forgot to ask you..do you know Lilian? I forgot her full name :D BTW, i'm not from MGS...Main Convent and a few years your senior ;)

Anonymous said...

Hate the mac and cheese.. although it's PB's favourite.. hahah!!
Love the lotus soup..! yums..!!

jazzmint said...

next time u cook lotus root soup, make some for me oso ok

Anonymous said...

1st time here. Wah ur mac & cheese and lotus root soup looks yummylicious!! Eh the san remo mac & cheese nice? Isn't it a bit too cheesy??? I haven't tried it yet.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jazzmint... no prob, u come to my hse lar...

Twin... tks 4 visiting my blog.
The SR m&c is a tad too salty & i dont like the flavour enhancer & colouring added.

Blur Mommy said...

ya, I make my own mac & cheese too. The yellow powder that comes with the box one has a little too much coloring for me.

Charli said...

Around here, I get an organic brand of mac & cheese called Annie's. I first saw it at Wal-Mart when I lived in Texas, and discovered it again when I moved to Iowa.