Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Nasi Lemak, Minus The Santan Rice

While my gals had pumpkin and rice noodles for lunch, health freak mommy wasn't too health conscious today and had sinfully delicious nasi lemak for lunch, minus the santan (coconut milk) rice of course.

This morning as I was jogging pass a famous nyonya nasi lemak stall near my house, the aroma of hot chicken rendang and santan rice permeated the cool morning air around me as the nasi lemak seller opened the lid of a big pot containing her chicken rendang and santan rice and that instantly whetted my appetite. So greedy me bought a piece of chicken rendang, a few pieces of sambal brown sotong (cuttlefish), half a slice of pan-fried luncheon meat (i know it's unhealthy, so i only ate 2 bites, ok ok... 3 bites), some fried anchovies with groundnuts and sambal long beans.

What a satisfying lunch I have had.

To all my loyal readers from overseas, are you slobbering already?

10 comments:

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

how could u be so cruel?? *kidding* i almost cried when i saw that nasi lemak pic of urs ... yummmmm. i hv linked u at both my blogs nottibee.com and
http://mommibee.com/?page_id=16

Chinneeq said...

shireen, u call this one day treat sinful ah? we eat nasi lemak almost everysunday, tambah nasi somemore, sigh...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mommibee... tks 4 linking me :)

Chin Nee... hey, u forgot im a health freak meh, meaning i seldom eat oily & outside food mah?

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

it's ok to have that "sinful" dish once in a while. I too indulge in sinful dishes and forgetting that i need to maintain my size 0 ^_^

Anonymous said...

*as long as i don't smell it, i'm not tempted by it* chant...

Leena said...

shireen, you can be famous as a healthfreakfood blogger. lol. your chicken rendang makes me drool.

Blur Mommy said...

wah... this is real torture!!! I want to cry already .... *sniff sniff*

Mom's The Cook said...

*wiping saliva* really yummy :) wow...you have time to jog??

Mom's The Cook said...

*wiping saliva* really yummy :) wow...you have time to jog??

Anonymous said...

Lucky i cooked nasi lemak yesterday.. muahahhahaha!!! but of course... wouldn't be as delicious as your lah.. !