Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pumpkin Noodles

Alycia & Sherilyn had something that they have not tasted before for lunch today, pumpkin and rice noodles. MIL's sister from Ipoh gave us a packet of this noodles a few weeks back and today, I finally cooked it for the gals, with homemade fish paste, vege and black chicken & snow fungus soup.

The gals loved the noodles. The texture of the noodles is smooth and not at all starchy and lightly fragrant. Even Ms Pukey and Spitty Spat Sherilyn loved it.

I shall try to get a few more packets of pumpkin and rice noodles when I next make a trip back to Ipoh.

The delicious, springy and smooth pumpkin and rice noodles with fish paste, vege & black chicken soup.


Black chicken and snow fungus soup with kei chee and red dates.

10 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Wow, you're a really good cook - who did you learn all those dishes from? How do you make home-made fish paste???

Mamapumpkin said...

Wow, you're a really good cook - who did you learn all those dishes from? How do you make home-made fish paste???

Health Freak Mommy said...

Some from my mil, dad, cook books, tv and some I just simply hantam.
My hubs' cook made the fish paste. Sherilyn only eats fish paste, so the cook makes 1 big tub of fish paste every week. Quite simple actually. Just debone the fish, chop the fish meat, add some salt, pepper and an egg (for a smoother paste).
Maybe I shd ask hubs' cook for the actual method of making the fish paste & make a post on fish paste making :)

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

oh i never knew there is pumpkin+rice noodles in the market. i shall look out for it nx time. slurp slurp, i love the look of the soup. may i ask how long did u hv to boil it? slow cooker or pot?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mommibee... I cook my soups in a pot over slow gas fire for about 4 hours. Funny but soup boiled in slow cooker doesnt taste as good.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i love black chicken, i have a friend who cooks and lets me taste, she's putting some chinese herbs to it, taste yummy

Mamapumpkin said...

YES, YES!! I want recipe of fish paste! We always use fish paste in Thai cooking....I wanna taste the difference.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Girlie... yes, cooking black chicken soup with herbs is also very popular amongst the chinese. It's a very nourishing soup.

BP.... lemme do some homework & do a posting on making paste fish later.

Mom's The Cook said...

Hey...you are really good :) Makes me drool ;)

LZmommy said...

I haven't try this before... If I ever go to Malaysia, I would like to get it too :) My kids love noodles.