Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 8, 2007

What Keeps Me Going?

Many of my friends have been asking me what motivates me to rise so early every morning to work-out. For those who have missed reading my previous posts, I wake up at 6:45am every morning to work-out. When I was still working, I used to rise at 5:45am to jog. Well, here are my top 10 reasons :

1) So that I can remain a size 0 and get to wear nice, appealing clothes instead of dressing up frumpily like an ah soh or see lai (albeit I am already in the see lai category in the sense that I am a mother, an aun-tee and a SAHM). Sorry, no offense to larger size women, don't mean to imply you in any way :)

2) So that I can still wear my pre-pregnancy clothes. My clothes are all expensive, so instead of giving them away, I'd rather stay slim so that I can recycle my old clothes.

3) So that I still look young, vibrant, healthy & fit and energetic. Often times, I get compliments from strangers saying that I don't look at all like a mother of 2. They'd thought I was still a student! Oh puh leeze... but that did make me walk on airs for a moment.

4) So that my complexion is porcelain smooth and blemish-free coz exercising eliminates toxins from the body through sweat.

5) So that I can still indulge in my favourite sinful desserts everyday like Papa Beard's cream puffs, cakes, Paramount chicken pie, cakes, Haegan Dazz ice-cream, the list goes on.

6) So that my backache is kept at bay. Exercising on my fitball every morning has helped tremendously in keeping my backache from coming back.

7) I love to smell the crisp, fresh and cool morning air every morning as I jog and listen to birds chirping happily away as if to greet me good morning.

8) I love the absolute peace and tranquility in the house every morning, without 2 brats driving me up the wall and I don't have to holler like a deranged woman at 2 lil' brats who seem deaf at times.

9) So that I can buy the newspapers and read first hand news while there is still peace and quiet time.

10) So that I can buy some groceries without having to worry about my 2 lil' brats running about in the mini market, touching breakable items and squashing up vegetables or eggs.

I believe anyone can also do it if they have the absolute will-power and discipline for it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Item 4 made me chuckle.

To everyone, I've known Shireen since we were in kindy and her complexion has ALWAYS been smooth and porcelain like tau foo fa. I am not kidding!!

She is fastidious about her complexion so whatever she is doing, it works!!

You and Oi Leng: Ms Tau Foo Fa all the way.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jenn.... kor cheong kor cheong. Tks 4 d praises & u made me chukle hard too with your comments!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i love to exercise too, but i can't wake up that early, im kinda insomiac, so i sleep very very late.

i'm forced to wake up at six though when we go biking, im so afraid of the sun

my belling dancing class is at 6:30 in the evening

Health Freak Mommy said...

HnCM...i wish i could also wake up late in the morning and get some much needed beauty sleep but if i wake up late, nothing gets down. I too wish I can exercise in the evening but my maid has to cook in the evenings, so there's no one to supervise my brats. I'm thinking of getting a threadmill, but that's very costly.

Anonymous said...

salute u man, Shireen !

Leena said...

sure exercise keeps people young. like my mom, she's also an exercise freak. she looks much younger than her age too. but too bad, all her daughters inherit no exercise genes from here.

Anonymous said...

Most of ur reasons r the same as mine! I feel so much younger after losing 50lbs more than 5 yrs ago & no prob fitting into my prewed 7 prepreg clothes. I wake up at 530am every morning.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena.. ur mum looks really young and pretty. I cld tell she's an exercise freak / modern mum.

Sheela... i used to wake up at 5:30am too b4 i had kids to work out. Same here, i can still fit into my prewedding clothes & teenage years clothes, believe it or not, i still keep those clothes.