Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Durian For Breakfast!

Alycia enjoying every bite of the durian whilst Sherilyn was enjoying her perssimon and grapes for breakfast.


It's the durian season now and since I love durian so much, DH would buy me durian from the pasar malam every Friday. It's not only DH and I who love eating them but both Alycia and Sherilyn have also developed a strong liking for the king of the fruit.

Normally DH would buy enough durian for me to savour for 2-3 days and I would keep them in the fridge and eat them for breakfast for 2-3 straight mornings, without any signs of boredom. Yesterday, I decided to give 1 seed to Alycia and she enjoyed every single bite of the flesh. I just hope she won't get heaty after eating them as she had also eaten some petai the day before.

8 comments:

Leena said...

i love durian so much too. but hub doesn't like buyin it, he said its too heaty. cheh.
anyway, just wonderin why is it that everytime i come visit your blog, my pc always get the spyware ads.adbrite warnin leh? you have any idea??

Chinneeq said...

durian for breakfast? i love cold durians!

Anonymous said...

If I do that to my daughter, she will kill me! I just love durians. She didn't get the "durian" gene from me.

Ann said...

Ohh....I LOVE DURIAN as well. But can't eat now coz I am 8 mths pregnant and eating durian makes me soooo hot at night!

Do I have to wait till next year?

Maybe I will freeze some up and eat for my confinement! High protein after all! :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Abel... tks 4 visiting my blog.

Ann...i ate durian during my pregnancy. It shd be ok as long as u dont overeat them.

Anonymous said...

We went for our 3rd round of Durian feast yesterday. This time we had a buffet! Next time u must come up to Penang lar!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Shern's mom... no idea why. In fact, I've recently upgraded my anti-virus software. Hhmmmm... funny.

Angeleyes... i know, i've just read your blog. RM10/pax eat till u drop durian buffet is dirt cheap!!

Cherry said...

I love durian so much!! The smell and the taste, especially Thailand's durian. Too bad they are not too healthy :D