Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hard To Get Them Nap

Lately, I've been having a hard time getting Alycia and Sherilyn to nap in the afternoon. They used to take their afternoon nap at 2:30pm, latest by 3pm but now, they don't even appear worn out or sleepy at 4pm or 5pm. I thought they no longer require their daytime naps but I was wrong coz by 6pm, they would go super cranky if they don't get their dose of daytime nap. Now, I have to resort to holding a cane to threaten them to take their nap each day. I hate to do this but that's the only way to get them to sleep. Last night, the same thing happened. I was so frazzled and sleepy at around 11ish pm but the gals' batteries seem to be still full to the brim. So again I brought out the cane and they quickly ran back to bed and dozed off after much fuss. I fell asleep clutching to the cane and woke up at 12:30am to ease myself, then crept downstairs to do some work on the computer and went back to bed an hour later. It's really tough being a WFHM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chloe stopped napping in the afternoons a long time ago.. and if she does nap.. she donch wanna sleep till 2am in the morning..! so no more naps for her..!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i remember getting a spanking too when i didn't take my afternoon nap when i was little.

since kids started school they stopped taking afternoon naps, and boy they started school at an early age.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mamabok... if my gals dont get their daytime nap, they'll turn the house down and drive me crazy by 6pm LOL!

Girlie... hey, i got spanked too by my grandma when i didnt want to take my afternoon nap when i was young.