Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 17, 2007

Goong Goong's Birthday Celebration

We celebrated goong goong's (my dad) 64th birthday at a Chinese Restaurant last Saturday. We had a real sumptuous dinner and these are some of the dishes we had :

Stewed lamb with radish.


Crispy dried pan-fried prawns with superior sauce.


Steamed fish.


Double-boiled free-range chicken soup with ginseng, flower mushrooms, bamboo fungus, wolfberries and red dates.


Crispy roasted chicken with prawn crackers.




Alycia and Sherilyn enjoying their meals.
Sherilyn giving the thumbs-up to the fried longevity noodles.

There was also a huge delicious chocolate fudge cake and the gals had such a good time gorging on the cake laced with chocolate and sandwiched with rich creamy toffee in the middle. Since it was a holiday, I allowed them to indulge in some sinful food. I too indulged in some sinful food and even skipped my daily morning exercise regime for 2 days.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Yummy! I miss the roasted chicken with crackers. I think they only serve this in Ipoh?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mom to chumsy... yup, i think this 'sing lei kai' is an Ipoh delicacy. I've not tasted it in KL yet.

Health Freak Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.