Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Home-made Beef Burger

This is what I did with the minced beef that hubby bought from Jusco several days ago. After my huge success with chicken nuggets, I decided to make beef burger and the result was very GOOD! This was also after countless number of failed attempts in making my own beef burger. Each time, they were either too rough or turned out to have lots of veins, thus making it hard for us to chew and swallow.

The type of beef used to make the burger plays an important role too. Hubby had bought good quality Australian beef and the texture of the beef burger this time was very smooth and very tasty. The recipe is exactly the same as the recipe for chicken nuggets.



The darker colour ones are beef burgers and the ones inside are chicken nuggets. Yes, I made a batch of beef burger and another batch of chicken nuggets and everyone loved them, especially Sherilyn, my herbivore. Even my fussy food critic hubby did not complain!

15 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

yummy :D i have yet to try the chicken nugget.

moms tales said...

ah, home cooked fast food. saves the hassle and $$ of ordering from McD. Plus, its healthy too..good job...may try it one day...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mom to chumsy... too bz earning money fr paid posts, where got time to cook leh hor, haha...

Shireen... you shd try cooking them one day. I normally make a big batch and deep freeze them.

Sabrina said...

Wah...Looks so tasty..I'll have the chance to invent my own receipy once I've stopped work liau.haha

Health Freak Mommy said...

sabrina... have fun inventing healthy food for Keith. That's one of the joys of being a SAHM.

Leena said...

you should also try makin meatballs. just add some chopped garlics, onions and herbs to the minced beef. then bring it to boil. that's really yummy too.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena... tks 4 d suggestion. What herbs do you add in? The McCormick rosemary,basil, etc?

LHS said...

Wah..you really can cook!!
Looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you!

http://www.ramblingmoo.com/?p=949

Anonymous said...

for variety you can make burger steaks...my kids love it.

you can use homegrown beef as long as it is the sirloin part, then have it ground fine.

Leena said...

you can add rosemary/parsley/ italian herbs.. then a pinch of salt too.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena... tks 4 d recipe. Shall try it, more healthy coz no need to fry.

Anonymous said...

Wah...yum-yum. After you freeze, how do you heat it up when you wanna eat?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Big Pumpkin... i normally add the frozen nuggets into the gals' home-cooked Mac n cheese. After cooking the Mac n cheese, i'll put in the nuggets. I guess you can also toast them back quickly in the toaster (after defrosting them).

Health Freak Mommy said...

Girlie... thanks for the suggestion ;)