Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Black Saturday

It was a black Saturday for Sherilyn yesterday. She had a fall once, knocked her chin against a table, got her fingers pinched by a door and had a near miss serious case of having her 4 fingers squashed by the same steel door which broke her thumb last year.

Sherilyn my little fearless samseng was jumping on the couch as if it was a trampoline yesterday. She loves doing that and despite me warning her, threatening her and smacking her for doing so, she is still fearless. I was busy preparing for dinner yesterday when Sherilyn was jumping on the couch. I told her to stop jumping but she wouldn't listen. Seconds later, I heard a loud thud and she had fallen off the couch, forehead landing on the floor. She bawled but luckily there wasn't any bruise on her forehead. Less than an hour later, she had forgotten about the fall and started to jump on the couch again, so out came the whip and she stopped jumping.

About half an hour later, I was outside at the wet kitchen trying to shoo a cat away from tearing up the garbage bag. Sherilyn rushed to the kitchen to see what was happening. When I came inside and was about to close the steel kitchen door, I almost wedged 4 of Sherilyn's fingers on her left hand which she had placed on the back opening of the door, i.e. the exact same place where she broke her thumb when she was playing with the door last year. Luckily, I didn't shut the door fast enough and my maid was quick enough to pull Sherilyn's hand away. Phew.... gave me a real fright.

A few hours later, Sherilyn accidentally knocked her chin on the table when daddy was catching her and again, luckily there wasn't any bruises. Just before bedtime as I was coming into the bedroom from the bathroom attached to my room, I didn't see Sherilyn behind me and she had placed her right hand on the opening of the door. I shut the door and this time, her fingers got wedged but luckily again, there was no bruise.... she just got a shock and so did I!

What a black Saturday it was and I must thank God that Sherilyn had escaped all the minor accidents unscathed. I hope she has learnt her lessons.

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Phew....that was close! Ashley is also fearless. One of these days, the cane will make its appearance.

Chinneeq said...

Oh, Shireen, i hope Sherilyn is alright...it sounds so scarry!!

凯妈 said...

I was put my 3 fingers at the back of the door when my brother was shut the door very fast, this was happen to me when I was only 5 years old. I cried for almost 2 hours and from that day onwards, I scare of door and never stand near it, until now, I also will let my kids away from the door and not playing with it.

Sherilyn was so lucky. Hopes she is alright now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Hope she is fine now..poor girl, she must have cried many times that day :|

MamaJo said...

I really got scared esp the fingers part....eeeii..if it happen to my kids, I'm sure will be the first one to cry....anyway, the more nattie the kid, the clever they will be :)

Annie Q said...

I have to tell u, Cruz had wedged his thumb while he close the car door! I saw him close the car door, and i tot he will put his finger away from the door, no, he just place his thumb there. Oh dear! I quickly open the door, and i saw bruise on his little thumb, he cry little bit. *sigh* This teach him a lesson too!