Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Deep Fried Chicken Wings and Drumsticks



Remember I mentioned earlier that I will be trying out a recipe on deep fried chicken wings and drumsticks that I have whipped up myself? Well, they turned out really well. The wings and drumsticks tasted really good but I must say that the wings tasted better and more crispy than the drumsticks.

Here's the recipe :

Ingredients for the marinate:
Lea & Perrin sauce
Salt
Pepper
5-spice powder
Kunyit (yellow ginger) powder

Ingredients for coating the chicken before frying :
2 eggs whites
Some corn flour

Method :
1) Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients for at least 2-3 hours, the longer the better.
2) Before deep frying the wings & drumsticks, dip them into the beaten eggs.
3) Then, coat the wings & drumsticks with corn flour.
4) Heat wok with oil and deep fry the wings and drumsticks.

8 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

another great recipe you have whipped up :D yummy!!

Leena said...

very yummy lookin eh, like those mamak style fried chicken.

anyway, just to let you know, my twin sis comes home so very often, like once every 2/3 weeks . anytime you need anythin avent, just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff..! i've always love chicken wings.. but i've taken to those ready made ones.. that you can microwave .. so i donch have to fry like mad.. ;)

shoppingmum said...

I'm so pah sei, I can't cook. :P

Cherry said...

Looks good. My mom also always use kunyit when she cooks any chicken dish. It gives the chicken 'yellow color'.

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM---sounds dee-lish and what a photo! Thanks for sharing (smile).

babyfiona said...

My favourite Chicken Wing!!!Look so yummy ler

MamaJo said...

simple and yummy...me too: love fried chicken so much esp WING!!