Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lost Water Tumbler

Yesterday for the first time, Alycia left her water tumbler behind in school. When she got home, I checked her bag and asked her where her tumbler is. Alycia then said "in my bag." But when she checked the school bag herself and couldn't find her tumbler, she burst out crying. She was very upset that she had left her tumbler behind. She cried really pitifully, as if guilty of having done something really wrong. I consoled her and told her that we could get it back from her school tomorrow but no, she was still very upset and continued to bawl. When I couldn't subdue her, I called her school and asked the principal to look for the tumbler but she said it was no where to be found. She heard the telephone conversation and continued to bawl even harder. I then called daddy and asked him to go to Alycia's school to search for it, which he did much later but still couldn't locate it. Long story cut short, Alycia was very upset the whole afternoon and was very edgy. When bed time came at night, she again asked in a cracking voice and teary eyed where her tumbler is. I had to tell a white lie and said that the teachers are still looking for it but if it cannot be found, daddy will buy her a new water tumbler of her choice. That managed to comfort her a tad bit.

This morning as I sent her to school, the teacher happily brought out her lost and found water tumbler. Alycia's eyes were beeming with joy. I hope she has learnt a lesson and will learn to be responsible of her belongings.

5 comments:

Annie Q said...

Lucky the teacher found the water tumbler.Lost & found, Alycia will appreciate her water tumbler more.
Thanks for dropping by my blog, i have linked u up.

MamaJo said...

Guess girl is more cautious than boy. Jona always forgot to bring back his tumbler (always!!)or broken and he just 'selamba' only when I question him...Till now, I have lost count how many tumblers I have replace for him liao....aiyoo

Chinneeq said...

so cute this gal, hehe....

Mommy to Chumsy said...

must be her most favourite tumbler huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh my..!! she is so attached to the tumbler..?? good we donch have this problem with chloe yet.