Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 14, 2007

Quality Time

With Alycia attending pre-school in the morning now, I have more quality time spent with Sherilyn. After Alycia leaves the house, I sometimes have a short morning stroll with Sherilyn before having breakfast together. Instead of my maid feeding her, I now feed her breakfast myself. After breakfast, Sherilyn will demand to be read to. I will either read story books to her or read to her from the computer. She has even learnt to press on the page down button on the computer to change pages each time I read to her. After reading, I will have a 10-minute power nap on the couch with Sherilyn lying next to me. She just loves this special 'mummy-all-to-myself' time. In the afternoons after the gals have their nap, I will be coaching Alycia in her homework whilst Sherilyn will be drawing. I now have less time to blog but it's fine as there's nothing more important than spending quality time with the gals.

5 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Shireen, I also notice your postings reduce a lot compare to last time. It is really sweet to read about your moments with lil Sherilyn when her sister is at school. I do believe spending quality solo time for each single child, especially when there is more than one child in the family. I am so proud of you :)

Mom's The Cook said...

good for you :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee.. when you have 2 kids next time, you'll also have to juggle your time equally for the both of them, else one of them will feel unloved.

Mom to Chumsy... you can do it too :)

slavemom said...

Shireen, how do u handle their naptime? They nap together or u've to nap with them? Wat if 1 gets up b4 the other? Hope u can share coz I'm wondering how to get 2 kids to nap together when I don't hv a maid next time.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Slavemom...my 2 gals nap at the same time,once a day in the afternoon. I nap with them to put them to sleep but I can only afford a 15-min power nap. Normally both of them will nap for about 2 hrs and get up together but if 1 gets up first, then there goes my plan. I'd hv to put aside everything and attend to her. But if she's good, she will play on her own whilst I do my work.