Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Alycia's Too Spoilt By Daddy

When daddy picked Alycia up from school one day last week, he asked her what she'd like to have for lunch. Of course, Alycia gladly said chicken rice, which was her favorite food and off daddy went to the nearby coffee shop to buy her chicken rice, knowing that there's lunch prepared at home. Just then, I called daddy and reminded him that I had cooked fried glass noodles for the gals. Daddy then had to tell Alycia that she can't have chicken rice as mummy had cooked fried noodles. When daddy brought Alycia home, she refused to alight from the car and started bawling. My maid had to drag her out from the car. When Alycia came into the house, she was scolding me, as if blaming me for thwarting daddy's plan with her. She was crying and screaming for a good 15 minutes until daddy brought her out to the chicken rice shop and bought her a packet of chicken rice!

When daddy's back, I told him that he is spoiling Alycia rotten this way. Whilst daddy is always the good guy who always accedes to the gals' wimps and fancies, I am always seen as the bad guy and the disciplinarian. I reckon that this is one of the reasons why Alycia has been behaving so negatively towards me lately. Well, I think the incident yesterday had sort of 'woken' up daddy and made him realize that he just can't continue spoiling Alycia, else she can really turn into a wayward child in no time. I can't imagine what Alycia will turn into if I were still working and she's left in the care of a babysitter or a childcare centre.



Alycia enjoying every spoonfull of her chicken rice.


The glass noodles that were not touched.... what a waste!

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

yeah..i agree that daddy is spoiling her :D maybe he feels bad that he doesn't get to spend much time with her so he tries to please her?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes.. it is hard not to give in.. :(
In my case.. it is I who always.. said.. ok lah... and choose my battles.. wherelse.. PB quite ON one.. mati, mati won't give in.. till mummy said.. ok.. ;)
Sometimes.. it is hard .. ;) so donch blame the hubby hor.. ;)