Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Varicose Veins



That's my thigh and the unsightly varicose veins that have been expanding as my pregnancy progresses. The veins started to appear when I was pregnant with Sherilyn. It only started to subside, but not completely gone after I had given birth. Now that I'm pregnant again, the veins are starting to expand again like roots to a tree and I can feel pain and heavy pressure at the site of the varicose veins whenever I stand. It's really ugly and I look like an ah soh with bulging varicose veins. I can forget about wearing mini skirts even after I've given birth. I know one of the ways to reduce the symptoms is to lie on my back and raise up my legs. I've been doing it for at least 15 minutes everyday but I can't see any improvement though.

I've read from the internet that if the problem gets way too serious, surgery can be opted to remove the veins, but purely for cosmetics reason. It's not a life threatening condition though. This condition is hereditary as my mum also has it. Anyone has any natural, safe and easy way of reducing the varicose veins to share?




4 comments:

Leena said...

i don't have that, but i have stretch marks ALL over my tummy. also no way i can get rid of it. sigh..

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..looks painful too. i'm sure you can wear mini skirs again..just a little later :D I have them too when i was pregnant but as many as you though. I just checked my leg...it's gone :D

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM--looks a bit painful. Hmmm ... I guess if men went through this you'd have safe remedies pretty quickly (smile).

MamaJo said...

I also have it too, when preggie Iz...but, luckily, not too serious and nowadays, not so obvious liao...maybe, your skin is fair, that's why it is obvious?