Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Deepavali Hamper From My Neighbor

My Sikh family neighbor gave me a basket of goodies this evening. When she called me, I was so hoping that she would give me some piping hot tosei or chapatti with her aromatic curry which has always caused my tummy to rumble when the aroma of her cooking wafted to my house. I was really disappointed that there were not Indian cuisine in the basket. Nevertheless, there were some peaches and fragrant pears and 3 jars of goodies in the basket - a jar of London Almond cookies, a jar of bees' hives cookies and a jar of muruku. Yay, I saw muruku, something that I have wanted to eat for a long long time and the last I ate them was years ago. Nevermind, no curry but there's muruku, yum!

1 comment:

Chinneeq said...

Shireen, yur neighbour is so kind :p