Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Any relief for itchy peeling skin?

My dry and peeling skin is becoming from bad to worse. The peeling skin is causing my skin to itch terribly too. It's so itchy till I can't sleep at night. The Palmer's cocoa oil and the Jojo E oil do not seem to bring much relief. I had to wake up last night to apply oil on my legs, arms and buttocks to relief the itching. I feel as if I have to keep feeding my skin with oil to stop it from itching and peeling. I normally apply the oil after my bath but within 2 hours, my skin will turn dry and peeling again. So can you imagine me having to apply oil to my skin every few hours to relief the itching? This morning at church, I was scratching my arms and legs away during the service. I felt terribly uncomfortable and I am sure people seated next to me realized that too and I wonder what they were thinking of.

I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a proven relief for dry and itching skin for pregnant women, eermm... something that smells pleasant hopefully!

11 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Shireen, to apply the lotion, i think u shud apply IMMEDIATELY after bath to retain the moisture on your skin.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee... this is just what I am doing now, when my body is still wet.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..this is quite bad eh? sorry i couldn't recommend anything cos I didn't experience this :(

Ms One Boobie said...

I have a cream.. that i am currently carrying.. all natural and organic.. i will post it up.. and you see if you want it or not ya.. ??

Unknown said...

Did you try the vaseline?It's relieve itchiness.What did the dr.say?Am worried your skin.Sounds terrible.Take care

LHS said...

I use Sarna Lotion, very good for dry and itching skin, was given by doctor, so i am not sure is it suitable for pregnant woman or not.

Leena said...

ya, i was thinkin vaseline too..good for very dry and peelin skin. you could give it a try..

Annie Q said...

hmmm..during my last trimester pregnancy, my skin so so itchy and i scratch till my body like mosquitoes bite. It look so awful, my friend did tell me (after) i should use brandy to sapu my badan.My friend did that, because it also happen during her pregnancy, she use brandy and also "snake powder", u can get from chinese medical hall. But for peeling skin i have no idea lo. This is just my two cents.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mamabok... i will def check it out, thanks!

Sweetiepie... i hv already asked hubby to get me a jar of Vaseline. Thanks!

Annie Q.... brandy? It's alcohol. Can alcohol be applied to the body during pregnancy? It can still be absorbed into the body. Thanks for letting me know anyway :)

AmMa said...

I seem to be having the same problem. But I have a different theory. My theory is that I have been using too much Palmers cocoa butter (the waxy stuff in the tub). I think there is some sort of fungus or something, I am scaly and itchy on my tummy and above -- but the skin is very soft. I think that maybe I applied too much after shower, and a fungus or something may have formed.

I love the cocoa butter, but I have stopped using it in order to test my theory. Today my tummy is much less itchy and there is less peeling/scaly itchy skin on my tummy.

The peeling/itchy/scaly skin isn't terrible, it looks dry but the skin is still soft to touch - it doesn't really peel off to much, just looks dry and scaly.

Any comments? Ideas? :)

Anonymous said...

you should have your doctor see if you have pups disease alot of women get it during pregnancy that are carryin twins but can happen to any pregnancy its flaky itchy skin looks like sores or burns my friend had it and she said she was only comfortable when she showered just a thought when you search for it youll find alot of info on dogs but i think its pupps or spelled another way
Sara