Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

No Proper Meals


When Sherilyn took close to an hour to swallow 2 teaspoons of rice with fish during dinner several days ago, I knew there's just no point forcing her to eat something which she doesn't like to eat. I then fixed her cereal, which is her favorite. After a few spoonfulls of cereal, she puked! As she had practically no solid food in her tummy the whole day (she also did not finish her lunch), I decided to open up a box of rice bubbles. When she saw me pouring out the rice bubbles into her bowl, she screamed "put some milk too!". I then poured some cool Marigold HL milk into her bowl of rice bubbles and within 15 minutes, she chomped it down without any fuss or hassle. As she ate, she kept saying "very nice, I like it"!


Sherilyn enjoying every bit of her rice bubbles and touched none of the other food on the table.

4 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

I know what you mean..! about not wanting to force them.. i'm this way too.. but PB thinks differently though. Aiya..! i tell him all the time.. he has to pick his battles.. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM---rice with fish sounds yummy---sounds like she's a picky eater. She will not starve herself and as she gets hungry will eat (smile).

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i wonder why sometimes toddlers just refused to eat certain food. Does Sher like soup eventhough she doesn't want rice?

Unknown said...

My kids love to eat krispies rice too.they can eat this twice a day.Don't worry,it's a healty food.if they don't feel like eating proper meal,let it be.Once a while is okla.:)