Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 24, 2007

Pregnancy Worries

Reading stories about unlucky couples with deformed babies and sick babies make me sick with worries. This morning, I read about this 18-month old baby with both kidneys that are damaged and his parents need more than RM70k for his kidney transplant in India. Later in the afternoon, I received the latest copy of my Reader's Digest and had read the story about a baby boy (who has a twin sister) born without any eyes. Though his mother had done an Amniocentesis during her pregnancy and the test showed that she would be having 2 healthy babies, the baby still turned out with deformed eyes. Whenever I turn on the TV, there are always documentaries on babies with some form of deformities. The latest one I had watched was about a baby girl born without a chin. Both the parents were very good looking and it is just so sad looking at their baby girl who can't eat, talk, smile or make any facial gestures as she did not have a chin. Worrying about my unborn baby is something that I hate to do, yet I can't help but worry once in a while.

8 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Oh Shireen....I understand how you feel because I'm just like you. What I did is stop reading about such stories when I come across them. Quickly turn the page :) Don't worry so much. I am sure God is looking after you and your family.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb.... thanks! Hard not to read coz curious to know what happened wor.....Curiosity killed the cat eh?

Anonymous said...

When i was pregnant with my kids, i always had those negative thoughts too, i think that's normal to worry like this..anyhow, just don't worry so much.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Don't think of negative.That's just a normal reaction for pregnant woman..If possible try not to watch too much tv and enjoy some beautiful music and go out for facial.That will keep you relax!Don't think too much ok.:)

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM--Happy Holidays to you (smile)!

Leena said...

i know sometimes expectin mothers cannot help but worry once in a while. i was like that too.
put your trust in God.

MamaJo said...

I understand your feeling, and I really don't know how to comfort you.....but, what I can do is: I will pray for you and your baby :P

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Mamajo... thanks for your prayers :)