Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, December 14, 2007

Relief For Dry Skin

Upon the advice of some of my readers, I got myself a jar of Vaseline petroleum jelly to apply on my skin. Though it has brought some relief, but my skin is still peeling quite badly and I have just realized that my dry and itchy skin could be caused by the air conditioner. During the day when I am downstairs where there is no air cond, my skin does not itch much. However, when I am in my room when the air cond is switched on OR when I am at my gynae's office where the air cond is freezing OR when I am at the shopping malls or church, my skin itches like mad. So I think I now know the cause of my dry, peeling and itchy skin. So am I willing to give up the air cond yet? I don't know, I am just so used to sleeping in an air cond room. Perhaps I will give it a try tonight. After all, everyone will benefit from a non air cond room coz the gals' paed has advised us many times NOT to put them to sleep in an air cond room due to their sensitive nose and throat.

8 comments:

MamaJo said...

Vaseline is good for nappy rash too. What I did is: just rub some of it before I put the diaper on Isaac...you should try on your newborn.

Chinneeq said...

so cold u still on the air-con??

Anonymous said...

You should invest in a good humidifier if sleeping in air-con room. it helps relief dryness for your throat and skin. i'm living in Hk and it is essential in winter too.

Ms One Boobie said...

Yah.. air con causes dry skin. I have yet to post the cream i told you about. Will do it soon. So busy.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Claire... does a humidifier really help? Maybe we shd try to get one. Tks for your suggestion.

Unknown said...

Did you bath with warm water?Is it very hot want?I watched a tv show lately,saying that if our skin itchy not to bath with very warm water.I think the the air-con cause your peeling too.Hope you feel better today.:)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sweetiepie... i always bathe in cold water, i hate hot water. I only bathe with hot water during my confinement. Maybe I shd get a good dehumidifier.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sweetiepie... i always bathe in cold water, i hate hot water. I only bathe with hot water during my confinement. Maybe I shd get a good dehumidifier.