Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, January 25, 2008

What's So Fantastic About J.Co Doughnuts?



I really don't know but each time I go to the Republic Food Court @ Pavillion, the J.Co Doughnut outlet is ALWAYS packed with fans making a long bee line and willing to queue for at least 15 mins to 30 mins for their turn to buy those sweet doughnuts. And hubby is one of the die-hard fans. For an impatient person like him, he is willing to queue up with the rest of the die-hard fans just to get a dozen of those doughnuts laced with sugar, chocolate and cream.

We were at Pavillion on Wednesday and hubby joined in the craze by queuing up for at least 20 mins to get a dozen of those doughnuts. I really can't find anything special about those doughnuts, in fact I find them terribly sweet. I still prefer the old-fashioned doughnuts sprinkled with very little castor sugar but still, I am never a doughnut person. I prefer cream puffs and ice cream.


Do you find these doughnuts tempting and appetizing? I don't know, but I really find them very jelak, just at the sight of them.... and I did not eat any of these. Instead, I ate the 'yau char kwai', 'mar keok', soya bean and tau foo far from the 'Yau Tiow' stall at the Republic Food Court. You should try those instead - very nice... but sinful! I was too busy eating them till I had forgotten to snap pix of them. Next time I will!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you .. i like the plain old fashion donut with a cup of Kopi-O please.. ;)

Leena said...

your hubs didn't get any oreos? i find those with cream stuffin really jelak. i only want oreos, others are really too sweet.

but the yau char kwai also need to queue like crazy right.

Unknown said...

emm yum yum!I love to eat that kind of donuts once awhile..depend on my appetite.But i prefer the plain onut too.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i was at Sunway Pyramid yesterday and there was no queue at J.Co Donut. I was so surprised. No, I didn't get any cos I don't like them :D

slavemom said...

It's vy much nicer than Dunkin Donuts - softer n fluffier, but sweet, yes. If eat too often will get vy jelak oso. Haven't tried Big Apple yet.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena.... I think my hubs did get the Oreos one... i didn't eat any of them! The yau char kwai stall was quite packed but not as bad as JCo Doughnut!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i love donuts, but i only like honey glazed

Sweet Jasmine said...

doughnuts had certainly turn into something fashionable in terms of taste...texture...and colours...J.co had yet to reach Penang....

MamaJo said...

My hubby just addict to Big Apple, new donut shop...he said it is less sweet compare to Dunkin Donut, but, I'm not donut lover too..don't mind to have it once in blue moon ;P

mommy of 3 angels said...

ya its a lil bit too overhype out!!