Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 2, 2008

From Terrible Twos To Terrorizing Threes

Sherilyn is gradually graduating from her terrible twos phase to 'terrorizing threes' phase. Over the past 2 weeks, she is terribly rebellious, disobedient, bossy, whiny and plain uncooperative with me and our new temp Cambodian maid. I wonder if she's having withdrawal symptoms coz she started behaving like this ever since her beloved kakak Su returned to Indonesia.

Sherilyn is really getting on my nerves and my pregnancy hormones are not helping me to be patient either. She can really irritate me to the core. Talking to her in a nice tone does not help for she doesn't seem to be listening when mummy is talking nicely to her. She seems to fall on deaf ears each time I asked her to do something - washing hands, stop climbing, stop hitting, come here, take your bath, etc. She even deliberately does things that she knows I hate just to irritate me. Even yelling at her does not help. It seems her brain is only wired to obey when she hears the dreaded words "cane is coming" from my mouth. At times, she does not even fear the sight of cane and it's only when the cane lands on her hand that she will listen. Today I got so irritated with her disobedience that I just blurted out "you are so naughty. I am going to give you away to the garbage man". That managed to scare her a tad bit. I know it's just so wrong to say such negative things to a 3 yo toddler but I just can't help it coz she just won't listen and she's really irritating me to the core and driving me insane.

7 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

maybe she doesn't understand why the maid has to leave. probably that's her way of showing that she misses her and wants her back :)

Chinneeq said...

Shireen, i m getting very worry as my mood is bad now with the crazy tantrums throw by my gal. wonder if next time my baby would be so bad temper like me or not since i shout and get angry so often these days :(

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb.... i really dont know. When Alycia was at that age, I used to get really irritated with her too.

Chin Nee... tell me about it, I am also very worried that my baby will be a 'mung keong' and bad tempered just like me.

Anonymous said...

Donch be too hard on yourself.. there is light at the end of the tunnel. All kids are like that.. chloe included. And we say . .worst things to her.. when she is naughty.. like .. "Ah pu nei nei will come catch you " .. or " i'll beat you up..!!!" muahahahaha!!!

Momisodes said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine having to be pregnant and have to deal with this. It's one of my fears if I were to have another child. I suspect it may be her adjusting to all the new changes and the interruption of her normal life and routine. I hope things start to level out for you all soon....

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM--well, garbage man is one career she probably won't go toward (wink).

Sounds like she likes being in charge, eh? (smile).

Ouch, on the cane thing!

Unknown said...

i guess most kids are like that nowadays..my son makes me angry and i have to shout on him these days...sore throat now. @#$%^&
you better calm down, you are pregnant now..later bb looks like you.