Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More Blood Boiling Moments

This morning, I gave instructions to my maid to boil sweet corn, carrot and chicken soup. I told her to keep an eye on the pot of soup from time to time and to make sure that the flame is not too big, else the soup will seep out from the pot. I was also checking the pot of soup myself for a while. Later I went up to have my shower and to get ready to go to my Ob&G's office for my 30th week check-up. When I came down and checked the pot of soup, I was boiling to see the pot of boiling soup without anymore soup inside. My forgetful maid has forgotten to check the pot of soup and there's no more water inside the pot! What made me really angry was that she was eating her lunch in the wet kitchen next to the boiling pot of soup, yet she can forget all about it.

I have been telling myself to be patient with her but the things that she does, her carelessness and absent-mindedness really wear my patience thin. How can she forget that there's a pot of soup boiling in the wet kitchen? And it's quite an expensive pot of soup as I've put one whole chicken inside with organic sweet corns. I told my maid off and reminded her once again not to be so forgetful. I really felt like a nagging old lady having to say "please don't be so forgetful" throughout the day. I then added some water into the pot and boiled the soup again. The soup is quite tasteless now, what a waste! Tomorrow, I will teach her to boil soup using the crockpot instead.

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

she probably doesn't understand what you are trying to tell her though she may nod her head or answer Yes. I also wish that your permanent maid will be here soon. I understand how frustrating it is to have a maid who can't help at all.

Montessorimum said...

dangerous!! luckily she's not going to be permanent. You really can't trust someone like this to help look after the kids, especially infant. Hope your new maid arrived soon and will be much better than this temp

Anonymous said...

Wow..! lucky she never burn your house down lor..!

Unknown said...

Such a waste.Your maid really dumb huh!Next time don't rely her to cook.never ask her to cook at home if you guys are not at home.

MamaJo said...

Geee..it is really hard to train the maid hor?? Really testing your patient on her

Annie Q said...

oh dear, it is quite dangerous huh. Mine one, now can boil a pot of good soup but of course she had been with me for nearly 5 months already. First also make me vomit blood, but on off i still remind her to watch the fire. Hope u get ur permenant maid soon.