Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, March 31, 2008

Acne Treatment

I have always been blessed with a clear complexion and the only time that I suffered from acne was during the first 4 months of my pregnancy – all 3 of them. The acne outbreaks were quite bad and I was really upset with my complexion. I was really tempted to apply over-the-counter topical acne creams which contained Benzoyl Peroxide but I was really apprehensive of the side effects it will have on the fetus. I surfed the internet for acne treatments but found no conclusive and convincing answer on the safety of Benzoyl Peroxide when used during pregnancy. As I did not want to second-guess myself, I just left the acne untreated. Luckily the acne cleared as my pregnancy progressed. Did you suffer from acne during your pregnancy?

No comments: