Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Hate Sore Throat




I hate sore throat because I feel damn lousy, damn sick, I lose appetite, I can't eat what I like anymore, especially spicy food and fried food, I fall sick eventually if I don't get enough sleep, I will surely pass the virus to my kids and I have to eat bland and cooling stuff to heal my throat. Before the girls fell ill, I had sore throat. I was very careful that they did not eat my saliva and I took full measures to heal my sore throat. I only drank fresh milk for breakfast, followed by a few wedges of red dragon fruit and a bowl of organic tau foo far (bean curd) with red beans an hour later. I also gargled my throat with salt water throughout the day and night and gulped down thick Manuka honey. Drank lots of water, barley water and chrysanthemum tea and avoided fried food and heaty food. The sore throat went away after 2-3 days without the need to see a doctor. Several days ago, the sore throat made a come back as the ping pong effect of the virus from me to the girls and from the girls came back to me. Again I followed the same regimen. Today, I am free from sore throat! But my poor girls got my virus last week. Thank God they have also recovered now.

2 comments:

LHS said...

tau fu fa and red bean? emm..never try it..

MamaJo said...

Geee...should try your remedy one day :)....anyway, when I have sore throat, I just pop several 'chua sing lian'....really effective on my family