Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sucking Air Too?

Baby C is one baby who just cannot wait for mummy's teat teats each time she's hungry. Well, I guess most babies are like this. She would wail till her face and body turn red and stiff. When she's really hungry, she would suck my teats so ravenously that there is a loud 'jup jup jup' sound produced, especially when the pressure of my milk flow is high. My friend told me that the 'jup jup jup' sound is caused by Baby C sucking too much air. Huh? Really? I only hear this sound when the pressure of the milk flow is high and when Baby C is sucking too ravenously.... so ravenously till she often choked. Is she also sucking air? I think she has latched on correctly coz my teats no longer feel sore. What say experienced mums out there? You think my Baby C is also sucking air and did not latch on properly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course the baby will suck SOME air, can't be helped. Even adults do. The only difference is adults(or older kids) can burp the air out. Thus, whenever feeding a baby, usually after abt 10mins or whenever she fusses and stops nursing, put her over the shoulder, gently tap or rub her back to get her to burp. In my experience, after abt 10 mins of burping and she doesn't burp, just resume nursing. This also avoids the dreaded "spit-up" that has ruined many a shirt!