Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

E Coli Bacteria In Baby C's Urine

Instead of waiting until October to do the urine test, my guts feeling told me that I had to do it and last Friday, I sent Baby C's urine to the hospital for tests to be done. Turns out that there is a moderate growth of E Coli bacteria in the urine. The funny thing is that Baby C has no fever and is feeding pretty well. Our paed said that it may not be another UTI (urinary tract infection) and suspected that the urine might be contaminated with faeces. Also, the urine culture report showed that E Coli bacteria is resistant to the antibiotics that Baby C is taking now.

Today I brought Baby C to see the paed again. He told me that I have to collect sample of Baby C's urine for another test. If the WBC (white blood cells) increase, then he will switch the antibiotics to one which the E Coli bacteria is sensitive to.

I'm just praying that the WBC will drop today. Our paed said that it is not good to keep switching antibiotics as the bacteria will soon be resistant to all the antibiotics and I certainly do never want this to happen as this would mean more UTI attacks!

I've dedicated a post to Baby C. Hop on to my other blog to read.

Pix taken yesterday, of me feeding Baby C her med. You can read about it in my other blog.






No comments: