Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paranoid of Made In China Food Products

Today I threw away a few packets of biscuits that an aunt bought for the girls from the pasar malam (night market) last week coz I think those biscuits had milk in them. I am not taking any chances after reading so much news on the milk powder scare in China. Before eating or drinking anything now, I will check the packaging thoroughly to ensure that the product is not made in China. Alycia came home from school today with a party pack consisting of biscuits, crackers and other junk food. I threw away a few items when I saw the dreaded words "made in China"! Am I too paranoid? Well, better paranoid and be safe than sorry, right?

Oh yeah, my brothers and I ate quite a bit of the 'White Rabbit' milk candies when we were young more than 2 decades ago. How we loved those candies with edible papers. O_o, I just hope that the manufacturer did not taint those candies with melamine then!

Also, Alycia and Sherilyn ate loads of Baby Bites rice crackers a few years ago and I read from one of the mummy's blogs yesterday that Baby Bites were made in China and had milk in them! Sei hmm sei!! I just hope that Baby Bites aren't tainted with melamine as well.

1 comment:

sarah said...

it's better to be paranoid. nothing from china is safe now. it's very worrying and let's hope baby bites is ok, though i really am not very optimistic about it. my baby ate quite a lot over the past few months and at times when this issue bugs me i really feel like bringing her to pediatrician and have her checked. Such nightmares! All coz of those unscrupulous manufacturers.