Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Simple And Nutritious Homecooked Dishes

Several days ago, I cooked these simple and nutritious dishes for dinner :

Stir-fried leek flowers with homemade fish paste. I am surprised that both my gals love leek flowers, though they are a tad hard and have quite a strong smell/taste, which is similar to spring onions and garlic.

Since there are some brinjals left in the fridge that my mil had bought before she left for Hong Kong, I stir-fried them with some tau cheong or fermented soy bean paste and garlic. Alycia and Sherilyn don't really fancy brinjals, so do I but rather than give them away or let them rot in the fridge, I cooked them. My maid and I polished off the whole plate.

Steamed fish.

Food For Thought :

The leek is a vegetable belonging with the onion and garlic. Leeks are low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol. Leeks are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, iron and magnesium. The nutritional value of leek makes it ideal for maintaining optimum health and weight loss. Easier to digest than standard onions, leeks have laxative, antiseptic, diuretic, and anti-arthritic properties.

1 comment: