Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 12, 2009

Asparagus Beans



I was at the organic veggie section of Jaya Grocers at Jaya 33, PJ the other day and a lady who was promoting organic veggie recommended me to buy a pack of asparagus beans, which I did. The next day, I stir-fried the beans with some minced pork and garlic. It tasted really good - very crunchy, sweet and fresh. The asparagus beans look very much like french beans, but they are fatter and the color is greener than french beans. I shall buy them again the next time I shop for organic veggies.

4 comments:

Merryn said...

wow.. looks delicious.. good for u.. must try organic one day.. me still eating poison at the moment..

coffeesncookies said...

not sure if they are really organic or not but i first came across this beans at Cameron Highlands couple of yrs ago. I can now find it at local supermkts, under Grace Cup brand but i doubt anything frm CH is organic. And yes, they are supper yummy. Another variety is the long flat bean frm CH, also dark green color and supper yummy too.

Anonymous said...

Cld u pls take a pic of the uncooked asparagus the next time u buy them?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheela... no problem. I hardly see this type of beans at supermarkets or organic shops. In fact, that was the first time I saw those beans.