Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gurney Drive @ Gardens, Mid Valley

We had lunch at Gurney Drive Restaurant @ Gardens, Mid Valley the other day. Gurney Drive offers local hawker delicacies from Penang at almost double or triple the price of the ones sold at hawker stalls. What you get in return for the pricey food are a very clean and comfortable restaurant with a nice view of KL. But the taste of the food? I was really disappointed with not only the taste of almost everything that we ordered. I was also mad that the bak kut teh that I had ordered never arrived. When I asked the waiter, he said he had forgotten to take down our order o_o! As we had already spent over an hour at the restaurant and were disappointed with the food, we left the restaurant and I later had a double cheese burger from McD which I likey!


Kangkong with sotong - run-of-the-mill, nothing to shout about. I prefer the ones sold at hawker centers.

Nasi lemak - satisfactory.

Satay - satisfactory taste. But that's not really what we ordered. The hubs ordered half a dozen of beef satay and half a dozen of chicken satay but only 3 sticks of each variety came!


Popiah - nothing to shout about. The popiah sold at the pasar malam at Taman Desa tastes much better.




Char koay teow - the one served at Little Penang Cafe at Mid Valley Megamall tastes better.

I think it will be our second and our last visit to Gurney Drive @ Gardens. The next time we will go to the actual Gurney Drive in Penang!

2 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

we went there once and never return. food was only so-so and the prices are really exorbitant. might as well eat at the hawker stalls :D

coffeesncookies said...

pay exhorbitant prices for hawker food. thanks for the review, will avoid and yes, I like Tmn Desa pasar malam, esp the assam laksa !!