Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Pepper Spray 'Backfired' And I Was The Victim



Hubby bought me this pepper spray a few years back and I have been carrying this with me each time I go jogging. So far, I've not really used the pepper spray to ward off perpetrators. I would however test the spray once in a while to see if it still works. Well, I now know that it works perfectly well coz the other day, it 'backfired'. That fateful morning, I saw a pack of dogs from a distance. I quickly took out my pepper spray and tested it. After I had jogged past the dog without any incidence, I put the pepper spray back into my pocket. The next minute, I felt a stinging sensation on my nostrils. The stinging sensation gradually became burning. I had rubbed my nose with the same hand that I used to hold the pepper spray. The liquid didn't even come in contact with my hand yet my nose was 'burning'! I think whoever gets in direct contact with the liquid pepper would go blind or be in severe pain coz the liquid is frigging hot and burning! The burning sensation on my nose and nostrils was really unbearable. My eyes and nose were watery and I felt as though I had inhaled a big spoon of chilli powder. I immediately jogged back to my condo and made a mad dash to the washroom at the lobby and washed my face and nose. Wuah, the contact of water on my face and nose was such a relief. I spent a good 10 minutes washing my face in the toilet, afterwhich I continued jogging. For the next 1 hour, my nose was numb, as if I was given an anesthetic on it!

4 comments:

Lemonjude said...

Wow, it was so powerful even not directly kena.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!!!


err..don't mean to laugh at you but i'm trying to picture what happened to you and how you jogged (ran) back to your condo to wash your face..hehehehe. The guards must be wondering what happened to you.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... yup, I was wondering too what the guards must have been thinking when they saw me LOL!

Merryn said...

alamax.. poor dogs!!! hahahahaha..

:P poor u too! wink wink!!