Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simple High Protein High Fibre Dinner

When Alycia and Sherilyn were in Hong Kong last week, I had very simple meals everyday, lunch and dinner. For lunch, I simply tar pau lunch back when I went jogging in the morning or have toasts. For dinner, I either steam or fry a fish and stir-fried a veggie. But when the girls are around, I have to cook according to what they like. It's never easy coz Sherilyn would ALWAYS want noodles and Alycia wants rice with chicken.

This is one of my dinners when the 2 older girls were away last week :

Homemade pork chop and stir-fried por choy veggie, minus the rice. I never eat rice. Following high-protein, low-carb diet to stay slim mah! I made pork chops enough for 2 meals and ate them for 2 days straight so that I didn't have to cook the next day!

2 comments:

a&a'smom said...

I 2 stopped eating rice more than 8 yrs ago as rice is tasteless, mineraless & useless. It converts to sugar immediately when it hits ur blood stream. DH & my boys take brown rice & I dont allow them to take too much.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheela... no wonder you managed to slim down so much! Yup, rice is quite nutrition-less but unfortunately many ppl (esp the old) still think that rice is so nutritious and it's really hard to convince them that rice is no good.