Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Alycia And Sherilyn Finally Weaned Off The Milk Bottle



Surprise eh when you read the name Alycia? Drinking milk from a bottle at age 5? I'd tried to wean Alycia off the milk bottle for over a year but she kept telling me that the milk tasted funny whenever she drank it from a cup! It's all in the mind right?

One day last month, I asked her this question : "Alycia, are you still going to drink from the milk bottle next year? Next year you'll be in Standard 1 you know? Your friends will surely laugh at you if they know that you're still drinking from the bottle." Alycia gave me a grin and shook her head to a no. A few days later, when I was going through the kitchen cabinet, I found a new water tumbler that koo mar bought for her from Hong Kong Disneyland last year. An idea struck me. I asked Alycia if she wanted to drink her milk from the new cute Mickey Mouse water tumbler and to my surprise, she said 'YES'. Yes, she has finally agreed to drink from a cup... and she did not tell me that the milk tasted wierd when she drank it from the water tumbler!

Hooray, it's been almost 2 weeks since she and Sherilyn (a copy-cat who follows everything that her cheh cheh does... and also weaned herself from the bottle!) drank from the cup... and I can now say good-bye to their Avent bottles!

6 comments:

Merryn said...

Congratulations!!! soon baby c will want to copy cat and demands to be fed from the cup too! :D

mommy to chumsy said...

hehehe...good job girls :D you know, at one point, i really wished that ashley would drink from the milk bottle and i don't have to spoonfeed her. She stopped taking from the bottle when she was 8 months old. Been spoonfeeding her till she was 2 and a half years old. Then she went straight to cup. Didn't even like straw *pengsan*

LittleLamb said...

Good gals...:)

coffeesncookies said...

i tried with Amber last night, she gave up after half a cup and asked for Avent bottle..sigh.. Congrats to you.

Bits said...

Congrats! I am in the process of weaning Sean too... wish me good luck!

Lil' Monsters, Inc. said...

My elder boy says the milk smells funny coming from cup. After a short while, he gave up altogether. And he thinks he too big boy to drink from bottle anymore. So 'cheers' to u & yr gals.