Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Solution To My Maxed Out Photo Storage In Blogger/Picasa Web Album

This morning as I was jogging, an idea struck me. I was trying hard to find alternative ways of uploading my pix without having to pay companies like Picasa Web Album and Flickr to upgrade my storage space. If you've been following my blog, you would have read that I have already maxed out the free storage space of 1GB allocated to me by Blogger / Picassa Web Album. I then went to Flickr but after happily uploading pix there for just a week, I found out that I am only entitled to 200 pix (I already have 189 pix in that account, which means I only have 11 more to upload) and thereafter, I have to upgrade to Pro account, which means having to dig into my pocket.

So I found a solution. I created another Gmail account and created another blog under Blogspot this morning, in under 15 minutes. This means I now have another 1GB of photo storage space... without having to fork out any money. It took me 2 years to utilize the 1GB of photo storage space allocated to me. Hopefully, this extra 1GB for my new blog can last me another 2 years. Well, if it takes me earlier to exhaust all the space, I will create another Gmail account and another blog under Blogspot! Now, I can save more than USD20 a year on photo storage space, hehe.....

Whether I have time to maintain my new blog in Blogspot...., now, there's another story. Let me think about what I'm going to write in that new blog when I work-out tomorrow morning. I tell you, I have lots of ideas spewing out from my brain each time I work-out in the morning.... thanks to the feel-good hormones endorphins, hehe....

4 comments:

Merryn said...

wait, does dat mean u can use the space from ur new blog to load pictures into THIS blog?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Merryn... I normally copy and paste the codes of the pix from THIS blog to my 2 other blogs... or to any blog that I want to.

mommy to chumsy said...

hmm..i don't really understand how this works. if you copy the photos from the new blog to this one, you are not utilizing the space allocated for this blog?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... nope, coz I am only copying the codes. The pix are all stored in my alloted space in my Picassa Web Album account for my NEW blog and not in the Picassa account for my OLD blog. Remember, the pix are not stored in blogger... they are stored in Picassa Web Album. What's in Blogger are merely codes. I hope I got it right.