Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Homecooked Dishes

My mil cooked these 2 dishes, which happen to be my favorite the other day :



Braised chicken with lemon grass and big onions.
This is a pretty healthy and simple to cook dish. All you need are chicken, a few stalks of lemon grass, a few big onions and soy sauce.


Mui Choy pork. This mui choy is supposedly organic and bought from Hong Kong. This dish simply whets anyone's appetite and goes well with rice as it's a tad salty but I ate it without the rice.

These 2 dishes were my hot orders from the confinement lady during my 3 confinements.

5 comments:

Merryn said...

during my confinement, i was crazy over the pork knuckle in vinegar... cant get enuf of it.. the best part was.. it really helps to tighten my waist... until today, i still love that...:)

Mamapumpkin said...

Oooooo....yum-yum!!! I must remember to ask my confinement lady to cook this too!

Pinkelle said...

The chicken with lemongrass looks delicious! Can you please share the recipe?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Pinkelle.... there is really no fixed recipe for all my homecooked dishes. Anyway, here are the ingredients that you need for the lemon grass chicken:

2-3 stalks of lemon grass or serai
A handful of small onions (about 10-15)
Soy sauce

Method:
First you brown the small onions until fragrant. Then add in the lemon grass and fry till fragrant (about 5 minutes).
Next add in the chicken and stir-fry for 10-15 minutes. Add soy sauce and some water and let them simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Happy trying!

dumb-baker said...

*wiping saliva off the keyboard*