Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 8, 2009

Egg Tai Kau Meen Kuih

During my almost-1-month stay in Penang, one of the things that I looked forward to despite being upset and depressed in the hospital was food! Whenever I'm upset, food often gave me comfort, next to shopping, haha! Each day, hubby would tar pau some Penang hawker's delight for me and my favorites were prawn noodles, Pasembur Indian rojak and the very yummy apam sold on a cart near Burmah Road. The other comfort food which I liked was the super crunchy and super thin crust tai kau meen sold at a market in Pulau Tikus.

I think Penangnites really love tai kau meen coz they are sold at almost every nook and corner... and I was quite impressed when hubby bought this tai kau meen that was cooked with one whole egg from the market in Pulau Tikus:



I have not seen this kind of tai kau meen sold in KL or Ipoh before.... and it tasted really good and filling too... yums!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

ya, it looks really nice lei.. and I don't think KL has it! hmm... the best ever tau kau meen I had are either the one in Petaling Street or Taman Desa Pasar Malam.. :) OH, I miss that too!

coffeesncookies said...

looks yummy but what is it, can't figure out except the egg part.

Yannie said...

When you were feeling depressed and bored in the hospital stay, and you didn't have mood at all for shopping, food is always delighted. As I had the same experience also.

LittleLamb said...

never tried before. looks yummy le.