Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Glorious Ipoh Food

On the second last day of our stay in Ipoh, hubby tar paued back all my favorite Ipoh hawkers' food from the well-known Kwong Heng coffee shop and Tien Chun coffee shop in Old Town. Also tar paued my favorite dim sum from the popular decades-old Foh San Restaurant (located opposite Funny Mountain tau fu fah and soy bean milk)



Popiah...


Dim sum from Foh San. I love the malai koa to bits. Also love their huge fried fishballs. I used to eat these yonks ago when I was just a few years old.


Kai see sar hor fun with prawns...


Lobak. I think this lobak tasted better than the one that hubby bought in Penang, during our stay in the hospital.

Ngau lam and ngau chap (beef brisket and beef spare parts). I love the beef brisket as the meat is really tender. I don't eat spare parts of any animal!

and also char koay teow (not in picture).

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

ah.. Shireen.. you are making me "home" sick.. hope my mum can spare me time, so we can make a trip again soon.. want to bring Princess there also..

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

My my, you are making me hungry! S'pore hawker food is lousy!!!!

Merryn said...

i've not eaten most of those in like.. ages???? salivate odi..

LittleLamb said...

really tempting.....so hungry now

mommy to chumsy said...

oh man...i want to go back to ipoh now!!