Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maid Woes

We are in deep trouble. We have a big issue with our maid agency who has most likely lost our maid's passport and with some other issues. Our maid agency was owned by a husband-wife team but the hubby cabut (they divorced and I don't know if he absconded, jailed or was a womanizer) and my maid's case was handled by the hubby. Now the wife is telling me that her ex could have lost our maid's passport as he had also lost a handful of other people's maids' passports.

Anyway, long story cut short, we would have to be forced to send our maid back to Indon if our problem is not remediable. And we would be maid-less. And no, hubby doesn't want Cambodian maids since we had very bad experience with them. And yes, we can't afford a Filipina maid as we still have to settle our huge medical/hospitalization bill incurred by Baby C recently. So yes, I will go bonkers soon without a maid. I'll know what's happening by next week. Wish me luck that I can retain my existing maid. Though she has attitude problem, I still can live with that vs. living without a maid.

3 comments:

Big Pumpkin said...

*sigh* The agency I told you of immediate maids is Cambodian. Agency Fee is RM5000 and maid salary if RM560. How come the agent kept the maid's passport and not the employer? Don't worry, just be assured that everything will be OK. Remember what Chin Nee said about focusing on the OK-ness of everything? All will be fine.

LittleLamb said...

Hmmm cant locate the husband to get the passport?

Can make police report n get a temp passport at the Indonesian embassy. Whole lot of process..n frustration..but can be done..

Wish u all the best.

Merryn said...

oh no, sure hard to handle with 3 kids n no maid! i have no maid n that is becoz i only have ONE ethan. it is unfair for u to suffer bcoz of ur agency's fault. hopefully things will work out fine..