Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Dad's Homecooked Dishes

My dad who loves cooking will normally whip up a storm on most Sundays. Last Sunday, my dad single-handedly cooked the following dishes:




Braised Kwa (gourd) with minced pork and mushrooms.




My favorite turmeric chicken.



Pan-fried salmon fish with fried ginger slices.




The sweet, sour and spicy dip for the salmon fish. The sauce is made from fresh lime juice (from limes plucked from our garden), basil leaves (from our garden too), red cut chillies (from our garden too), chopped garlic and a dash of sugar. This sauce will surely tantalize anyone's palate and goes very well with any type of fish that's pan-fried.




Steamed tofu with minced chicken meat, spring onions and soy sauce.



Double boiled chicken soup.

I often joked with my dad and mum that perhaps my dad could open a small eatery that sells MSG-free homecooked dishes when he decides to retire from his current job. I'll help him promote and run the eatery!

12 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

Yummy and comforting home cooked dishes. Can u give share the recipe for turmeric chicken ? Also, what kind of gourd did yr dad use? Angled loofah or hairy gourd ?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine.... my dad used hairy gourd. I've posted the recipe for turmeric chicken in this blog previously. Could you just hop over to my labels on the right sidebar and click on homecooked food? I posted it sometime last year.

Cynthia said...

wah... its dinner time, and I browse your page! aiyo... think I can only start cooking next week, when my mum is back from India.. haiz, I miss my own cooking! hehehe...

Charmaine said...

Delicious home-cooked meal. Nothing can beat that. I'm also interested in the turmeric chicken recipe, will look it up in your blog.

Kimberly said...

I'm a firm believer that you can never have too much garlic or too much ginger. Now I'm hungry again.

Yannie said...

All look delicious.

Merryn said...

fuiyo! ur dad! i salute him! my dad cant cook, my hubs cant cook! ur dad can surely cook! fuiyo.. clap clap...

coffeesncookies said...

Shireen,
Thanks. Will check it out. You are lucky to have such a talented dad. :(

coffeesncookies said...

Shireen,
Found the recipe, waiting to get my hands on some fresh turmeric. Thanks

LittleLamb said...

lucky gal..daddy cook for u.

i think i hv never seen my dad in the kitchen before....

Mamapumpkin said...

Yummy!!! These are the best dinners!!

CL said...

Yummylicious. Your dad is sure a good cook. Lucky you.