Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 10, 2009

Do This Or Else.....

Every single morning, I am bound to have a stressful and blood-boiling time coaxing and hurrying my #2 to finish drinking her cup of milk. She would just be seated on the chair on the dining table or on the couch, staring into space and in a daydreaming mode. Sometimes, she would make me blow my top when she spills all her Milo+milk on the table, on our chair, on our newspapers and everywhere on the floor, aargh! No amount of coercion will make her drink her milk. Most times, I will threaten her with the cane. Let me tell you, I hate to resort to the cane all the time but it looks like that’s the only way to move my #2’s butt. Today, I found a solution haha! I threatened her that if she did not finish her milk by the time I step into the living room (I was inside the kitchen then), she would not be allowed to go swimming or play her tricycle today. Dang, dang, dang… voila, it worked like a charm coz I think it hit her on the right nerve woohoohoohoo! Bingo, bull's eyes! Before I could step inside the living room, she had already gulped down her cup of milk and had hurried to the bathroom to wash up. So I learnt a lesson today. Threaten my #2 to have her favorite activities removed and she’ll obediently toe the line, muahahaha!!

7 comments:

Merryn said...

LOL, such 'wicked' mommy! I like it though. How come NOW only you start threatening? I've done that with ethan a million times dy! LOL

Yannie said...

I understand your condition as I was in that situation as well.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Merryn... In the past, I threatened her with the things that probably did not matter much to her haha! Now I know she loves swimming and riding on her tricycle... and I've hit the bull's eyes haha!

Charmaine said...

yes, 'threats' always works well doesn't it...we use that often with our girls too... it is amazing how motivated they become when you threatened to take away the things they like from them. some people may think this is being mean, but to me, it works!

Unknown said...

When coaxing don't work then the next best thing is to use threats. Mothers are pros at using threats. We have a lot of practice. But like you say, have to hit the right nerve for it to work. And to make sure they know you will actually carry out the threat.

Chris said...

Yes, nothing wrong with "threats"..u gonna be using this even after they turn 18!! It's basic psychology..behaviour modification, reinforcement etc etc. My friend's 4 yr old loves her flip-flops and would do anything so that she be allowed to wear them. Hilarious!!

LittleLamb said...

pls let me know if ur threat works on a long term....