Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lunch at Champs

After the bloggers' mini gathering at Paik Ling's house last Sunday, we had lunch at Champs @ Centre Point, Bandar Utama. Here's what we had:

Chicken chop for me...



Steak for hubby


Sang har meen (deep fried wheat flour noodles with big prawns). Tasty but the prawns were not really fresh. The prawn meat was a tad soft.


Fish and chips...


Fried rice


We find that the Western food is only mediocre, nothing to shout about. The local food is more popular amongst the patrons. If we ever go to Champs again, we will just stick to prawn noodles, laksa, fried noodles or fried rice and their roast pork ribs. I wanted to order their spring chicken, which looks really good but was told that I had to wait 25 minutes for the chicken to be roasted. I couldn't wait as I was famished. But as it turned out, I waited for more than half an hour for my chicken chop and was told that it would be served in less than 25 minutes. I was also really disappointed with the taste of the chicken chop.

Overall, I was not too satisfied with our lunch.


2 comments:

Merryn said...

I resided in BU for so many years previously and had never been to Champs. Lol.. mebe it's time to try it now that I am no longer staying there.. :)

coffeesncookies said...

I'll only try the damn syiok har meen, nothing else. Your chicken chop looks good but the steak looks pathetic and dry, how was it ?