Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tomato fried chicken

My gals love anything cooked with tomatoes - pasta, spaghetti, omelette, fried fish with blended tomatoes and big onions, tomato sauce on fried rice/noodles and even raw tomatoes. Early this week, I whipped out a tomato chicken dish, my first try ever cooking a tomato fried chicken dish and it turned out really well. My gals loved it and even my fussy, pernickety foodie hubby liked it.

Here are the ingredients:

1) Chicken
2) About 2-3 large tomatoes
3) About 2-3 large onions
4) Lea & Perrin sauce
5) Tomato sauce
6) Pasta sauce
7) Mixed herbs
8) Soy sauce
9) A dash of brown sugar
10) Pepper

Method
Marinate the chicken with all the sauces and seasonings and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour.

First, brown the big onions. When they are soft and fragrant, throw in the chicken. Toss and turn the chicken for about 10 minutes.



Then add in the tomatoes and some tomato sauce. Continue frying for another 10-15 minutes. I had intended to put several tablespoons of tomato sauce but ran out of tomato sauce. So I found an alternative and added 1 huge tablespoon of pasta sauce.


Add water and cover the wok. Let the chicken cook/simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remember to toss and turn occasionally.


When the chicken is ready, half the chicken goes to a stainless steel bowl from the tiffian carrier. This bowl of chicken is for deep freezing.


And the other half of the chicken is dished out and served....




The ingredients used - tomato sauce (not in pic), Lea & Perrin sauce, pasta sauce, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar and mixed herbs.

2 comments:

mott said...

Fried or stew?

Looks like stew..but when served looks fried. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! Let me start by saying you have beautiful girls!! I came across your blog from friends like Jasmine & Sue. Not exactly through them tho, from them, I befriended with Phaik Ling, then from there I came to your blog.

I m a mom to 6, youngest one is only 3months, and my 5th child is very picky when it comes to food (he is 3), and I saw many delicious food in your blog, and wanna learn some cooking tips from u. May I ask which 3 of your blogs has recipes for kids?

I m dont blog, only have FB, thats because with 6 kids, I hardly have anytime left for myself. As you can see, this email is at 3am plus, lol.

You can delete my comment after you have read it, I m paisay, later ppl would think this mommy to many who cant cook. It would be great if you can write to me at joycekenneth@gmail.com . Since I dont have blog, I dont know how to login to read/leave comment, so I hope this will reach u or go through.

Cheers!

Joyce