Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chicken, Abalone, Dried Oysters Porridge

Last Saturday, I cooked chicken, abalone and dried oyster porridge for lunch. Everyone including Baby loved it.

Here's the BIG abalone that I tossed into the pot of porridge, about 15 minutes before serving the porridge. This canned abalone is already pre-cooked and does not require a long time to cook it, else it would turn hard and rubbery. I thinly sliced the abalone before tossing them into the pot of porridge.


The chicken meat was marinated with some sesame seed oil, pepper and sea salt before I dumped it into the porridge and cooked it for about an hour.



I also reheated some of the left over chicken nuggets and fish and chips from New Year's Eve poolside party.

Tonight, I am cooking porridge again. This time, it's porridge with roasted pork ribs (siew chue kwat), chicken drumstick - cut into bite size, dried oysters, a wedge of ginger (to expel wind) and the remaining piece of big abalone (there were 2 pieces in the can), YUMS!

What are you whipping up for dinner tonight?

4 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, yummy!! i'm having curry chicken with bread :D

Lemonjude said...

Oh, abalone porridge, sure taste sweet in the porridge..

Just read the news yesterday, abalone price is drop this year..so can stock up some to eat during CNY.

Tonight my dinner just eat I have cook during lunch which is french bean (fried with tahu, meat, egg and fish ball) and soup.

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

wow, the porridge sounds good....i like to cook porridge, it's easy and tasty =P

Yannie said...

Your porridge sound great. I had thai laksa moodle as my dinner. I bought one la!