Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Preparing Alycia For Primary 1

Today marks the last day of the 6-week long school holidays. Tomorrow marks a brand new chapter in Alycia's life as well as mine. She will be going to Primary 1 at a Chinese school. My precious baby has to wake up at 6am to get ready for school and a private car will pick her up before 7am. I hope she will get used to this brand new routine. I am glad that she enjoyed herself during the 2-day orientation at her school last week.

Last night, I gave her a short lecture of what she is not supposed to do in school, in particular NOT following any Tom, Dick and Harry that is not known to her, in the pretext of picking her up from school. I petrified her a wee bit with exaggerated stories and told her that she will never see mummy again if she ever follows a 'bad person' home. I also told her about accepting candies and food from stranger is like Snow White accepting and eating a poisoned apple. I think I'd sent the message to her and she was almost in tears :S



Here's my precious baby in school uniform. Her hair is still a wee bit too long according to her school's rules and we are supposed to bring her to the hair saloon again to have it trimmed. Else, I'd have to tie it up in a bun O_o!! I also have to get her another pair of shoes as spare.

Happy end of school holidays everyone and here's wishing everyone a great week ahead!

7 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Alycia looks like a big big girl in the uniform :) Wow, I thought Ashley is the one who has to wake up at 6am for our new beginning tomorrow :) So, what time is Alycia sleeping at night now?

Chinneeq said...

the more i read about Alycia, the more I see QQ in her. QQ is also like this, can't scare her too much one..she will be so timid until she is so afraid to do anything else...sigh...

Linda said...

A BIG step forward... Hopefully everything go smoothly for Alycia.

ryeli said...

so sweet! wah, like that also considered long ah? looks like u need to trim her hair very often then.

hope she'll get use 2 the routine.

a&a'smom said...

Wah, another milestone ya. My 1st born Abhijay is already in Form 1.

Unknown said...

My son also starting Std. 1. Couldn't get him to smile like your daughter. hahahaha.

Lemonjude said...

Hope she enjoys her big school life. It is very important to teach them not to follow anyone..hope she gets the message and remember it forever.