Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How To Remove Celo Tape Glue From Surfaces

Rascal #2 loves to play with the double-sided tapes that I keep in my drawer. She sticks them everywhere. The other day, a few pages of her book had come off. She could not find any celo tape, so she fished out the double-sided tape and taped them everywhere on her book... and left traces of the tape on our marble dining table.


My maid and I tried to wipe off the tape on the table, but it just didn't budge. It stuck to the table like glue.


When my mum saw the glue on the table, she dabbed some cooking oil on a piece of toilet paper and wiped the table with the oil. After several minutes, the glue was completely wiped away! You can use oil to remove sticker price tags from brand new tumblers and containers too, it works the same, very effective!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see handshots belonging to your mum in this blog, I wonder how old she is. My mom probably does not eat as healthily as yours, and her hands look like these as well. She's 70 yo. I really hope I don't have my mum's genes in this respect!

Lemonjude said...

Thanks for the tips, I always scrub the glue stain or sticker away with the green scrub cloth, hence leaving down rough marks...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... my mum is in her mid sixties. Yes, she eats super healthily, she beats me hands down on that! BTW, who are you?

Anonymous said...

wah your rascal no2 very very naughty lar...if my daughter like this, sure kena marah kau kau... i'm one who cannot stand all these nonsense.

Chris said...

Have to be extra careful as the glue is on marble which is natural and porous. I have found lotion with tea-tree oil or peanut butter works. Recently I bought this bottle called "Goo Gone" which is suposed to be really good.

Mummy Moon said...

Thanks for sharing this. My two kids has paste many stickers in my sliding door, wondering this method can be use or not.
Btw, Wish to get your vote http://www.cjgotravel.com/2010/02/result-chosen-top-5-best-recipes.html

I am no 3 you can vote every day , each vote a day , highest voter can get win a prize too :P tq tq