Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sure Way To Get Her To Drink Water

It's a chore and a big bag of stress for me getting Baby to drink water. She has now rebelled on drinking water. If not for my handiest tool aka the cane to threaten her, Baby wouldn't drink water, most of the time.

Recently I found a very effective way of getting Baby to drink water, gallons of it, without any fuss from her. All I need to do is to put one or two ice-cubes into her cup of water and tadaa.... it's like seeing magic right before my eyes AHAHAHA! Within minutes, this fella will chug down the cup of water and ask for more, of course with ice cubes inside.


6 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

ice cubes ? won't the water be icy cold ?

Unknown said...

ice cubes at this age?? hhmm... anyway, guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but hope she don't get the hang off drinking ice water all the time. how abt biscuits? if she wants any of these yummy cookies etc she must drink water first!

Unknown said...

ice cubes at this age?? hhmm... anyway, guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but hope she don't get the hang off drinking ice water all the time. how abt biscuits? if she wants any of these yummy cookies etc she must drink water first!

Chris said...

What seems to be the problem with ice cubes?? It's only water! It is so friggin hot in M'sia I can't think of anything else that is better and more delish! And no, u don't get a cold from ice water or have pneumonia. Whoever started that craziness?? I was drinking ice cold water right after delivery and other surgeries, and lived to tell the tale!!*GASP*
Here's another suggestion if the ice cubes start to wane on Baby's interest...put a tiny piece of lime or lemon in the ice cube. Or even a slice of lemon or lime in the ice cold water to flavour it a bit more. Some ppl like cucumber slices in the water. I have seen blueberries in a glass of water..looks pretty but no real flavour.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine and Irene... I only put 1-2 small pieces of ice cubes into half a cup of water. Nope the water wouldn't be very cold. So far, she hasn't had any health probs with drinking ice water or sucking ice cubes. She has also been eating ice creams every other day! Thank GOD!!

Chris... putting slices of lemon or lime is a good idea! I shall try it. When I was pregnant with #2 and #3 and felt nauseous all the time, I used to put slices of strawberries and fragrant lime (limau kasturi) into my cup of water to flavor it. That was the only way I could drink plain water w/o rushing to the loo to puke!

Linda said...

Congratulation of getting baby to drink water... *winks*
I like to put one or two pieces of ice for my girl to drink to.. and the water is also gone in no time...

Or give her a colourful straw...